Our favourite places in Melbourne CBD
Melbourne is amazing. There is no question about it. We have an amazing city here, full of history, culture, great food, great art, incredible architecture and every single time we venture into the CBD there are new discoveries that we make.
We want you to discover Melbourne for yourself- but when it comes to really drinking Melbourne in- here's a few of our favourite experiences:
1. Ride the City Circle Tram, hop on and off at random places
2. Visit the Queen Victoria Night Market through summer. And drink Sangria. And don't drive home. This in my opinion is Melbourne at it's absolute finest
3. Have a walk through any of the beautiful gardens- Fitzroy, Carlton (with its playground it's a great option for the kids) or my favourite Parliament Gardens with the Coles Fountain
4. See what's happening at Federation Square
5. Keep an eye out for street art- check out Hosier Lane
6. Visit the Melbourne Zoo. It's truly wonderful
7. Visit the Melbourne Museum. In fact if you live in Melbourne then pick yourself up a Museum membership and visit the Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum and Scienceworks as often as you like! That way there's no pressure to see everything all at once
8. Visit the Melbourne Aquarium and loose yourself under the water. It's the closest I ever plan to get to a shark!
9. See what's happening at the National Gallery of Victoria. Their Children's Gallery always has a wonderful exhibit to keep the little ones busy
10. Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens and The Shrine of Rememberance
11. Go to Baby Bounce or Storytime at the State Library of Victoria
12. Have a coffee from Degraves St
13. If it's Christmas Time, don't miss the Myer Windows in Bourke St Mall.
14. If you're looking for some options for eating in the CBD with kids - try the Emporium Melbourne food court, grab an outside table at one of the restaurants in Hardware Lane, take some sandwiches to one of the beautiful parks and sit under a tree
15. Check out ACMI- The Australian Centre for the Moving Image, with some wonderful exhibits
16. Make it up as you go along! We rarely go into the city with a plan, and when we do, we always detour anyway!
Love it? Share It...